DO NOT Expose Your Kids to This


The dangerous effects and exposure to lead poisoning once absorbed in the body of both adults and children can leave you with permanent health problems.

What is it?

Lead poisoning occurs when people inhale or ingest an unhealthy amount lead. Being exposed for a long time can cause serious health problems and even death, science says. Once it gets into your bloodstream, it’s stored in your organs, teeth, bones, and tissue. Children are the most vulnerable to poisoning since they oftentimes put small objects and toys into their mouths, allowing lead to build up in their system. In addition, the developmental and growing condition of their bodies makes them absorb lead at a faster rate than adults.

Where is it located?

In the past, it was common to find lead in both gasoline and house paint. Nowadays it can be traced in old buildings as well as in toys and household objects manufactured before 1976. Exposure occurs when paint dust from any lead-affected object enters the air and is inhaled by those surrounding it. Lead contamination can also occur through your drinking water if the water pipes that transport your water contain any form of lead.

How will it kill you?

Even though products and materials today are being manufactured without any lead content, those working around high lead levels can expose and affect other people around them with whom they come into contact. Poisoning affects your health over the course of months and even years, depending on the amount of exposure.
Symptoms include abdominal pain and cramps, constipation, headaches, high blood pressure, memory loss, anemia, kidney dysfunction, and permanent damage to the central nervous system.
For children, lead poisoning can have even more permanent effects that lead to behavioral problems such as low IQ, hearing problems, persistent vomiting, convulsions, and coma.

How to survive?

The best way to prevent the toxin of lead poisoning is to reduce and avoid exposure at any time. If you suspect your house paint of containing lead, call professionals to have tests performed and remove any traces if necessary. Water pipes should also be checked to prevent contamination of your water. Those who’ve been poisoned must undergo chelation therapy along with treatment that includes the use of various drugs to help remove the lead from your body as fast as possible as it can take years to get it out of your system.

details

Recent comments