Black Mold Symptoms

Exposure to black mold in your house is deadly. Removal should be a high priority as black mold symptoms are highly dangerous.

What is it?

Black mold, otherwise known as Stachybotrys or toxic mold, is a toxic, asexually reproducing fungi associated with poor indoor air quality in homes. It’s greenish-black in color and it produces potent mycotoxins that can easily travel throughout your home. When wet, it appears slimy and when dry appears dusty. Exposure to this toxic mold can cause serious physiological and psychological problems to your health and body, many of which are fatal.

Where is it located?

Black mold is most commonly found in water-damaged structures, although it’s also prevalent in basements, crawlspaces, and in showers due to the fact that it thrives in warm, damp environments. Higher rates have also been reported in low-income neighborhoods because of poor living conditions in houses that aren’t well-maintained by its’ owners or landlords.

How will it kill you?

Black mold produces toxic secondary metabolites called mycotoxins, which can have a wide range of effects on your health depending on the amount of exposure. Some common black mold symptoms include irritation of the eyes, mouth, nose, and throat while severe cases of exposure have caused nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the nose and lungs. Death occurs due to the development of respiratory complications from the pulmonary hemorrhage, causing you to drown in your own blood that’s filled your lungs.

How to survive:

The best defense against black mold is by preventing or controlling its growth within your home through commercial cleaning products, soap, or bleach solutions. Those suffering from black mold symptoms & severe exposure must seek professional medical help immediately in order to be administered oxygen, tracheal suction, positive pressure ventilation, and possible blood transfusion.

details

Recent comments